A message for the Administrators

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
Jeff1
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

A message for the Administrators

Post by Jeff1 »

I notice a lot of xxx rated spam appearing on the forum, If I may put a suggestion forward that may help.

A friend and I run a forum, So we are both administrators of it, in the administrators section we have a BAN Control section.

what were able to do with this is ban user names, email address, and to be on the safe side, so they can't register in another users name, we can ban there IP address, we do not suffer any spam any more, so this may help in reducing your spam.

Hope it helps?
Kind regards
Jeff
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

Hi, We do this however the frequent regular spammers we get here must have those programs to change their IP's. We get the same spam message from different IP's and different usernames. If we ban one IP they get another.
We actually have decreased the amount of spam to this site by keeping only the Forum Support area open to guests. This seems to be the best thing we have done yet to decrease it. We used to get it in every section, now rarely do we see it other than genl chat and here.
I keep saying I would be richer than Bill Gates if I could figure out how to rid the internet of these guys!
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge
SewBeaIt
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by SewBeaIt »

Ditto.
As Always,
Merol Lee