Question??

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
theknight
Frequent Stitcher
Frequent Stitcher

Question??

Post by theknight »

Hello.

I've been a member on this forum for about a year. I don't post often, but I do enjoy reading the posts and being inspired by all the pictures, etc. I love being awed by how much talent some of the members have and how freely they share that talent. I think it's wonderful how people take the time to answer questions from beginners--even if it's been asked a hundred times before. I bought my embroidery machine because of the people on this forum. It's been a good thing.

I have read with interest all the posts about copyright. I have been shocked with the tone of the answers that the moderators have posted to what seemed like reasonable questions. For example, I read a post from a new member asking about finding a specific design. A moderator was quite rude by jumping to conclusions that that request was going to break a copyright law. Good grief! Even the mod's apology appeared rather half-hearted.

Now I'm reading about "weeding out the bad." What a horrible statement for a moderator to make. The only "bad" that needs "weeding" are the spammers of p o r n. Right?

My thinking is that moderators are like the teachers or principals of a school. The members are the students. Teachers don't expel students for asking tough questions. Teachers don't say they are going to "weed out the bad" students. Shouldn't the actions of the teachers and principals be held at an even higher standard than the students?? Shouldn't the moderators of this forum be even nicer and even more polite and compassionate than even the members? Shouldn't the questions of these banned members be answered? Just because someone asks a question that you may not want to hear, shouldn't you answer it or forward it to someone who can answer it-- remember you are the "teacher" and we forum members are the "students."

Again, I'm just a lowly reader who enjoys sewing and embroidering while sitting at my kitchen table. I'm saddened that those who are in charge here are just deleting posts and refusing to answer legitimate questions. It's heartbreaking to think that the moderators are so insecure that they must ban people to feel more powerful-- that's what you all are doing, right? I'm sure being a mod is harder than most of us can imagine, but isn't this starting to sound more like a witch hunt than a forum for sewers??

As far as *I* can tell, I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm not being hateful or disrespectful. I've never posted a picture or design or tried to violate any copyright laws. I'm trying to be understanding. But for the life of me I can't figure out why legitimate questions are being deleted or ignored and why people with so much information and talent are being banned.

I guess I'll probably be banned after this post....

Take care,
Knight