Continuing problem signing on

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.

Continuing problem signing on

Post by Guest »

Jim and Carol,

I recently asked if there was an update to my not being able to sign on and your responses are below. I didn't expect admin to "help without some type of information". Below your messages is the trail of emails I have had trying to get this resolved. As you can see, I have given all my information and was just asking for an update. I have been on this board for years and only recently when you began requiring people to log in to see the photos or designs did I start having a problem. I have tried everything I can think of, but it keeps telling me that my email is already in use, but won't recognize me and won't let me re-register. If my email is registered, I don't understand why I can't log on. Or wipe out my prior history so I can re register and start over.

You didn't give any information that we can use to help you. What ID are you using? What error are your getting? Did you get registered or it there a problem with that process for you?

The Admin folks are good but they can not help without some type of information. I think they broke their crystal ball so they do need some information to be able to help you and the others you reference.

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><

Hi Nicki,

When you register you then get an email to activate your account.
Did you receive the activation email ?
Until you use the link sent on the email to activate your account you can not login

Maybe that is your problem it may have gone to your deleted folder.
If no email has been received re-register.

Also read this post

viewtopic.php?t=41500

Hope this helps - and Welcome

I don't know but I will forward this to our IT department and ask for
assistance.> Carol,
>
> It says "sorry but your password cannot be retrieved because you are
> currently inactive". This is if I enter my user name and then click on
> retrieve password.
>
> It won't let me get to my profile to try and reset my password without me
> signing on and won't let me sign on, so I am stumped.
>
> Is there something you can do to "activate" me? \
>
> Nicki
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: carol@allbrands.com
> To: nickireed@aol.com
> Sent: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 7:45 PM
> Subject: Re: Trouble Logging in on Sew Forum
>
>
>
>> Go in and try to reset your password, Carol
>
>
>> You asked me to email you from my email so you could check on my login.
>>
>> My user name is Imanana2
>>
>> my email is **REMOVED**
>>
>> It has been so long since I had to use it, I am not sure about my
>> password, but I think it was either **REMOVED**.
>>
>> Thanks for your help. I look forward to being able to join back into
>> the
>> fun on the forum!
>>
>> Happy Easter!
>>
>> Nicki
>> ________________________________________________________________________
>> AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free
>> from AOL at AOL.com.
>>
>
>
> --
> Carol, CajunQuilter
> Administrator, SewForum
> AllBrands.com
> carol@allbrands.com
> ________________________________________________________________________
> AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free
> from AOL at AOL.com.
>

--
Carol, CajunQuilter
Administrator, SewForum
AllBrands.com
carol@allbrands.com[/b][/code]

Code: Select all

[/color]
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

I apologize but have tried to get the message to members that this week I was extremely busy and would get to this the beginning of the week. Well, I didn't expect Sunday's flooding in my neighborhood (came close to us but didn't get us), we lost some of our roof in the storms that hit here over the weekend, I am tied up with my job this week, etc. Moderators are not scheduled, paid hours, just volunteer. We have had a lot of trouble with AOL and it seems to have to do with their filters as Static Jolt and other members have posted.
I plan to spend Friday and part of the weekend working on all this as I am also just learning the program here. I have a list of about 15 members who are having difficulties and have not forgotten any of you. Tomorrow barring unforeseen circumstances, will find me at the computer doing AllBrands work.
Cajun
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

I have passed the ID "Imanana2" to Admin to have them activate your account.

This has been the first time I have seen your ID. Please never assume when you e-mail or PM one Mod or Admin that we all get to see that message. When you post in the Support area you should ID yourself in each post because we have no way to ID you or your account. The most we can see is the IP address from where you posted and in 99% of the cases that doesn't help.

Also I have removed your e-mail and your password from your post above. I suggest that you change your password once your account is reactivated since you posted it for the world to see.

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

The "Imanana2" ID should now be active.

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

If it is not active let me know. I think I finally have mastered this and it should never take so long again for me to fix these types of problems. Thanks everyone with your patience for this non-techie! Cajun
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976

Post by Guest »

I was able to sign on!! Thanks for your help
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

It seems most members were able to get in after I figured out what I didn't know!
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976