Embroidery thread spools

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
frankie79
Sewing Junkie
Sewing Junkie

Embroidery thread spools

Post by frankie79 »

Does anyone know of any use for empty spools. I don't throw the empty ones away and have a box full. Would appreciate any suggestions before they go in the trash.
CLD
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: Spokane, WA-Designer SE, Designer Diamond Deluxe Huskylock 936

Re: Embroidery thread spools

Post by CLD »

You could ask an elementary school teacher. They often use things for craft/art projects.
Carol
jacobhue
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Post by jacobhue »

I have been using spools for years to make headbands. Just cut down the centre and tie a ribbon around it.

You could also use them with sewing thread, but they are so small that you'll have better luck using a needle and thread.

I use them to store screws and other small parts. You can use them for this purpose or you can cut the spool in half and use the two halves for different things. I also keep some of them on hand for my drill so that when I need a screw driver or something similar, I can pull one out from under my sink instead of searching through my tool box.
genifferjames

Post by genifferjames »

frankie79 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:08 am Does anyone know of any use for empty spools. I don't throw the empty ones away and have a box full. Would appreciate any suggestions before they go in the trash.
Certainly! It's great that you're looking for ways to repurpose empty spools instead of throwing them away. There are actually several creative uses for them. One idea is to use them for organizing and storing various items like thread, ribbons, cords, or even earphones. You can wrap the thread or cord around the spool and secure it in place. Another suggestion is to turn them into decorative items. You can paint or decorate the spools and use them as unique drawer pulls or as part of a craft project. Additionally, you can repurpose them for educational purposes by using them as building blocks for children or as counting aids. With a little imagination, these empty spools can find new life and become useful and visually appealing objects.