Everything CHANGED!!!!

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
oldcrow
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Everything CHANGED!!!!

Post by oldcrow »

Ok...last night you were down and today...all new colors and everything... it's ok....just a shock! Doesn't anyone know that old ladies don't like
unexpected change???????? ..... a notice item or warning would have been nice.
bdmcdona
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Re: Everything CHANGED!!!!

Post by bdmcdona »

Isn't that the truth! Yesterday missing my most favorite website, having withdrawals and then all this new stuff. I am missing being able to find new posts quickly. This happened before, but I was able to see things in the original view. Now, I guess we don't have a choice but adapt. We are survivors!
sewinJOYable
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by sewinJOYable »

I know you can teach an old dog a new trick.....but this old broad is in a state of confusion.......When your 72 change isn't always easy!!!
Joy
cloreta
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by cloreta »

Is there a way to change it back to the old format? Don't like it.

Cloreta
quiltgranny
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Post by quiltgranny »

There use to be a way to change it. Not sure if it can be changed on this one or not. I have asked. As soon as I find out I will let you know if it is possible.
Patience and kindness is never wasted. :)
HorseWoman
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by HorseWoman »

Please make it possible for us to be able to go back to the old way. Can't get the hang of this one it seems.
JohnFD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JohnFD »

Hi All!

We upgraded the server and upgraded to a new major version of our bulletin board software, and our old themes are incompatible with the new version, which I didn't foresee. I am working to get your themes back to you. Sorry for my oversight! Please pardon the dust.
quiltgranny
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Post by quiltgranny »

Thank you JohnFD.
Patience and kindness is never wasted. :)
rose48458
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by rose48458 »

Quilt granny and i certainl y would have anounced ir if we were informed there was going to be a change.But.....we were as surprised as you all.to the person who wondered how to get to new posts. If you go all the way to your left and look at the top you will see 3 lines .click on that and a list comes up then click. On new posts and it takes you there .hopefully we can switch back .... but in the mean time if you can't find something post it and there has to.Be at least one member that has the answer for you.. I am still trying to find things also.Rosemary
oldcrow
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by oldcrow »

ok...well I've found most things and I like the new colors...especially the soft blue and gray on the posts...it's much easier on the eyes.

At the top of the pages is the search box...then a little flower or gear icon...that is the advanced search. Other than the colors and the type being
a bit different...it seems almost the same as the old.....I like it. :)

The type could be a little bigger...it's really small in some places.
CLD
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: Spokane, WA-Designer SE, Designer Diamond Deluxe Huskylock 936

Post by CLD »

Oldcrow, I agree. At first I thought What?? Then I took a minute to look around and found I can click on the three little lines on the top left, and get several choices. I like to go to "unread posts". Then when I'm finished reading what interests me, I click on "Board Index", which is just below the three lines. Then I click "Mark Forums Read," and I'm good to go. I really like the colors better also.
Carol
Newbie 2013
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Newbie 2013 »

Yes , everything has changed . :arrow: After I completed and posted in a new website version two sew forum requests "Dammit Doll poem " and " Snowflake names" , I found out that "Dammit Doll poem " topic has disappeared or was deleted . :(
Olga

You may not sell or share digitized designs, you may stitch them
on whatever you like. Personal use and on gifts only.
You may change colors or re-size if you like, you may also
merge with other designs. Do not claim as your own.
oldcrow
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by oldcrow »

Oh shoot! I would have liked that poem too!!! Try renaming it..."Darnit Doll poem" lol! I know...it's not funny when you do all that work and "poof" it's gone...maybe JohnFD can fix that for you...I hope so.
HorseWoman
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by HorseWoman »

Can anyone tell me how to bookmark things now? I have finally found my old bookmarks but I do not know how to do new bookmarks of things I want to keep. Thank you for your help.
Newbie 2013
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Newbie 2013 »

oldcrow wrote:Oh shoot! I would have liked that poem too!!! Try renaming it..."Darnit Doll poem" lol! I know...it's not funny when you do all that work and "poof" it's gone...maybe JohnFD can fix that for you...I hope so.
I have this design in my library of course. I concerned about the person I posted it for.

Also I noticed that many replies disappeared , especially in old topics.
Olga

rose48458
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by rose48458 »

the Dammit doll poem was deleted because We are trying to keep sewforum G rated.To me it was not a G rated post. FYI John had nothing to do with it being deleted.It was strictly my decision. I talked with the only other active moderator. She agreed with my decision. Rosemary
Newbie 2013
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Newbie 2013 »

At first it was my impression also,but when I saw this topic is still online and people are responding , I decided to help with this request and post my design too. :oops: Looks like for some reason it took a little too long to remove this topic, that is why I posted my design. :(
Thank you
Olga

rose48458
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by rose48458 »

the problem is there are only 2 of us that have been moderating this site. We miss things as we are like the rest of you ,have families ,quilt granny also works .We put in a request for more moderators but only 1 was interested. that has not worked out well yet .I kept bumping it to the top but still no response. We do not get payed to do this .Somedays we are too busy to spend much time here , we get a lot of spam that we have to deal with that you all do not see.I have deleted requests for the poem for these dolls in the past. But apparently we missed this one when it was posted. Newbie i can understand why you filled it if it was there for a while. no one is upset with anyone. when i first came to sewforum i asked for school logo not knowing any better. but i learned that was a no no .You are so good at helping to fill requests ,I thank you so much for that . It is greatly appreciated. Rosemary
oldcrow
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by oldcrow »

Wow! Who would have thought! I hear so much worse now...didn't even know that was considered a bad word anymore. I am so pleased now when I
hear "that" word instead of the f word. Not complaining...just surprised. Rosemary and Quilt Granny...you two do a great job considering it's for
free...and on your own time!....I admire you both for doing this job...one I would not be good at!
SnickersGroucho

Post by SnickersGroucho »

When I download a pes file, it is a php file.