no pics allowed

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
dixlee
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

no pics allowed

Post by dixlee »

I have been trying to upload pictures to your site and I keep getting a message "internet explorer has stopped working" and it will not let me put any pictures up. I can send messages but no pictures. Do you have any suggestions??? Could I try sending a picture to you and see if you could post it for me or tell me what is wrong that I cannot post. Thanks for all the help. dixielee
Daddy T
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Re: no pics allowed

Post by Daddy T »

What format and filesize pictures are you trying to upload? What device are you using? (PC, MAC, phone, tablet?)

To which forum section are you trying to upload a picture?
DADDY T
SewForum Moderator
Happy Voyager, Bernina 150, Bernina Deco 600, Juki 735, Bernette 234, & Singer 99K

http://www.tomsdigitizing.com
dixlee
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by dixlee »

I am using jpg and have loaded many many pictures here before with no problem. I am using my desktop computer, trying to upload to the section not for children or purses. I use an old mavica with the floppy as this has the correct size for me to upload. I have tried everything and cannot get your site to accept pics. as you see it accepts just messages fine. is therre a setting somewhere about photos that possibly got changed somehow unbeknowance to me. I know things like that happen sometimes. hope this answers your questions as I am not a computer whiz but have nevr had any problem before. dixielee
Daddy T
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Post by Daddy T »

The only change that was made is the auto-thumbnail feature that was added several months ago. I've seen the posting where you were trying to add a photo. If you send me the photo (I'll PM my email address to you) I'll get it added to your post. That will address your immediate need until we figure out why you can't get photos to load.

The only time I've seen tghe message, "internet explorer has stopped working", on SewForum is when I tried to upload a photo from my phone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm lead to believe it is the browser at fault and not the website. What version of Internet Explorer are you using? I'd like to narrow down the searches.

Have you tried (or do you have the ability to) uploading from a different PC or with a different browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, etc)?

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and hopefully we can get this resolved.
DADDY T
SewForum Moderator
Happy Voyager, Bernina 150, Bernina Deco 600, Juki 735, Bernette 234, & Singer 99K

dixlee
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by dixlee »

In am using Windows 7. Sorry I don't have another computer. Thanks for offereing to load my picture. I am not too computer savy so I don't know what version of Internet Explorer. I know it is 64 bit. Does that help??
Daddy T
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Post by Daddy T »

Windows 7 narrows it down enough for me. Did Windows Update run lately? I know there were some bad updates that went out and they needed additional update to be run afterwards to fix it. Your issue specifically was not mentioned, but it might be a contributing factor. In the meantime, see if Google Chrome is loaded on your machine. It's a little wierd to get used to, but if Chrome is loaded, see if you can upload a picture with it.

If you can upload a picture with Chrome but not Internet Explorer, it's a problem with either the browser or a security setting in IE.
DADDY T
SewForum Moderator