"Waiting for sewforum.com" S-L-O-W!!!

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
pjk0326
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

"Waiting for sewforum.com" S-L-O-W!!!

Post by pjk0326 »

I have a high speed internet connection and for the second day there seems to be a real lag when I attempt to open a thread. I am only having this issue with sewforum.com. Last night, I finally gave up and browsed elsewhere, but I miss not checking out all the threads here!
Today, the same thing is happening!
Just wondering if others have noticed this happening to them also.
Pam
cluelesslySewing
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: New Jersey, Brother CS600I, Brother PE700, Brother 270D

Post by cluelesslySewing »

Yes Pat, same thing. I read a post earlier from Neiner I think about the same thing and Jim explained why this might be happening. So many people on and each page has to be rebuilt as we view it? Something along those lines, I thought it was just me but apparently not. Deb
pjk0326
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by pjk0326 »

While I am glad to know it not "just me", I am disappointed because I fear this may be what we will have to deal with from here on out.
I am not web-server savvy but wonder if this means sewforum would have to upgrade its server in order to eliminate this problem?
Pam
cluelesslySewing
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: New Jersey, Brother CS600I, Brother PE700, Brother 270D

Post by cluelesslySewing »

I don't know, it's very frustrating, and I've found that I don't stay for as long - well actually longer - but am getting less and less posts on the board because of the wait. *sigh* oh well, guess that means more sewing for me then :)
Sheila in OZ
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Sheila in OZ »

Well I'm glad its not me .... as its happening more at work than at home and I was worried it was our network :)

Sheila in OZ
Angelique
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Angelique »

Good to know as well, I have high speed and it is just dragging for me too. I started noticing it yesterday and all day today.
pjk0326
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by pjk0326 »

Mine started yesterday and all day today also! I know Jim suggested the more people who are here, the more the site will bog down but late this afternoon there were only something like 86 here and it still was slow as molasses.
I will continue to check each day to see if things improve but just cannot stand waiting around for a thread to open up so will definitely not spend nearly as much time here as in the past!
Pam
Karebelle
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Karebelle »

I have had the same problems and just checked in here to see if it others were too. It does seem strange that it was moving along fine until just yesterday. It takes forever for some pages to load and I just don't have that kind of patience.
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

I have emailed the IT Dept. at AllBrands this afternoon about this problem-I can count to 60 before some of my screens change. When I am not here my computer speed is normal.
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge
Deedles

Post by Deedles »

Add me to the slow as molasses list. Yesterday around 2pm it got a bit faster for me but right now it's taking almost 2 minutes for each page to load. Yes, I timed them!

As much as I miss SF, I am finally getting some sewing done! LOL!
Angelique
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Angelique »

I bet it all has to do with Anitas Lacy Girl Font Freebie, it's a hot one right now. :wink:
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

IT was just online checking so I will await the reply from AllBrands IT-rest assured they have been notified and are working with us to fix the problem. Cajun
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Truvie
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Truvie »

Good to know that a lot of us are experiencing this situation. I thought at first the slowdown was because of my one-lung laptop..but it's the same on the screamin' demon desk top.

Patience is a virtue, but waiting for slow pages to load will test the patience of a saint!

Glad that IT has been contacted though...fingers crossed and don't hold your breath between pages...you might turn blue and fall off the chair!
:shock:
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

We seem to be moving faster now. Thank you IT!!
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
qmhhmk
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by qmhhmk »

Still very, very slow for me and this seems to be the only place that's affected. I've stopped cheking out a lot of the threads (before I used to read all of them) and only pick off one or two. I can't take that much time to go to each one. I know you're trying your best to fix things - it's not a complaint, honest, just a comment.
Sew_Shine
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Sew_Shine »

Ditto! Still very slow for me! Hope they are able to work it out soon!

Rebekah
PAAngel

Post by PAAngel »

We are working on it. IT is trying to help us. It is the amount of new members and the increase in the number of new posts. We have a lot of members on line at the same time. Upwards to 170 to 200 members.

We are working on various solutions and should be back to normal as fast as we can.
Kilty
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Kilty »

Angelique wrote:I bet it all has to do with Anitas Lacy Girl Font Freebie, it's a hot one right now. :wink:
Too funny! (and true)

I for one want to thank all the folks at Allbrands for supporting this free forum for us! We may complain a bit when things aren't going right, but we keep coming back.

I love this forum and all the cyber-friends I've met here. Thanks Allbrands.

kj
awynn73
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: Lafayette TN brother cs6000, Janome 350e, singer U34 and featherweight

Post by awynn73 »

I was scared it was my computer. I think this web site is one of the few things I do on my laptop(on the internet) I am so happy the problem is being addressed. I am not complaining (beggers can't be choosers :lol: ) But I have found myself leaving far less coments because just don't have the time.

but I'm not going anywhere!!!
sewbizness
Sewing Junkie
Sewing Junkie

Post by sewbizness »

I've also been experiencing the problem with pages loading ssslllloooooowwwly. I was beginning to think my pc had picked up a virus and I wasn't looking forward to telling my husband that news! Then I realized it was only an issue when I was on this site. I'm hooked on this web site and I think I might need a 12-step program if anything ever happens to it! :shock:

Thanks for contact tech support. Hopefully the problem will be resolved quickly.