If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
Fuschia
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by Fuschia »

Nearly 300 of my posts have disappeared overnight, I do not accept this is removal of old posts, if this is the case then member's would be forever reverting to zero!
I'm now wondering why I am bothering to give encouragement etc when my posts disappear over night, Is there a moderator dedicated to desimating my messages?
I'm seriously considering leaving...

Fuschia
PAAngel

Post by PAAngel »

In the Free Design Area and the Show Off Your Project Sections a lot of posts where members have removed their own attachements from their posts were removed. We have a lot of members that have been removing their older designs and/or pictures to make room for newer designs and to save space. If you posted in that area and those topics were removed then yes your post count would go down. Mama Duck, GoneSewing, ~*~Nellybeans~*~, mellow, chumi, mwal608508, minipinx3 and libby are a few of the members that have recently deleted their own attachements and notified us to remove the text. No other posts are being deleted.

I checked your other posts and you have only posted in the Free Design Section or the Show Off Your Project Area. Therefore as members delete their attachments, and we go in and delete those topics as they no longer have any value with only the text, then you would see a drop in your post count, along with any other member that has posted in those sections as well.

Please check out the posts in Canjun's Chat and Forum Support about the space problems that the forum is currently having. That may help to explain why members are deleting their pictures and/or designs. We have a stitcky in the Free Design Area.... viewtopic.php?t=65664

Just wanted to explain why your post count would be affected by these deletions.
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

Thanks PAAngel. And thanks to the member who asked the question. I am sure a lot of members will be interested in this thread.
Also the reason we delete the posts after a digitizer removes a design or someone removes a picture in Show off is that members, especially new ones, will do a search, find that there is no pic or design and then email the mods, myself, SewBeaIt or the original poster of the design or pic wondering where it is. This prevents this from happening because the digitizer often no longer has the design to give for free. Members also change designs/pictures after they hit their upload quota so we remove the text that goes with the deletions.
Text takes up much less space than pictures however it still uses space so therefore we remove it also.
Honestly as this Forum grows we will be looking at deleting old threads in all of the sections next year and we (mods) have been talking about creating a system that members will be aware of to delete on a regular basis old threads in all of the sections to preserve the spoace here.
Some have suggested making this Forum a subscription service however that will never happen. We plan to remain a FREE site for everyone to use as not everyone can afford to pay and the managment of a subscription site requires full time employees and a lot of bookkeeping.
Therefore in order to preserve the space we have to look at deleting periodically.
When this Forum started noone ever expected it to grow so large. We have increased readership by half since March according to the informal statistics I keep on membership but more importantly how many members are on line at any given minute.
We plan to remain the largest free sewing and embroidery site on line for many years so we have to solve the problem now.
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge