message box

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
mumra
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

message box

Post by mumra »

Out of curiosity and perhaps a little procrastination going on, I opened my sent box and then my outbox and my saved box. Generally all I ever deal with is the inbox. So it was a surprise to see all the sent emails ( i deleted these) but a bigger surprise to see some emails in the outbox. Most notable one I had just sent to a fellow Canadian asking for some advice on a quilt she had made and that I want to attempt. What are these? Are they waiting to go out? why are they there? Do they sit there until the recipient receives them and then move to the sent. Just curious.
mumra :)
"By the ocean is where I want to be"

especially in
Nova Scotia, Canada
mumra
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by mumra »

okay in scrolling down I just got one of the answers that I was looking for in boodog's pm topic. but another popped up. Why don't they tell you when you join to keep an eye on these boxes and clean them up from time to time. Doesn't this affect the operation of the site?
:?

especially in
Nova Scotia, Canada
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

Those boxes have a max set by the forum administrators. Once you hit the max the old post just drop off in to never never land. So, they are sort of self clearing. You can save message you want not to vanish automatically however, even the saved box has a max and would clear oldest when you hit that max. I can't see the controls but I would guess it is around 50 messages for each box.

I am sure you got the answer about the outbox holding the message until the receiver reads it.

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

Change that 50 to 100. My InBox is on the push out/full mode and it has 100 messages in it.

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
mumra
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by mumra »

Thanks for that information. Not the most efficient use of the message inbox. Why hold on to 100 messages. If they are that important I would copy and paste them into a word document. Anyway, I have a better handle on this now. :)

especially in
Nova Scotia, Canada
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

Actually for me it is very useful because if I have something pending I move it to my saved boxl One time I accidentally hit delete all not just delete message. Now I save stuff in there that is important at the moment.
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge