deleted pm?

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
smoon26
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: Kansas City Metro Babylock Ellageo, imagine wave, Decorators Choice, 6 needle, janome 1600, viking

deleted pm?

Post by smoon26 »

I got a notification yesterday that I had a message...came here and no message. Then got another notification, came here, saw it said I had 1 new message, but clicked to go into my messages and there was no new message.

Did one get deleted or something?
aussiecarolyn
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: Peninsular -Victoria - Australia Janome 9000 & 300E

Post by aussiecarolyn »

Sounds like the sender has removed it from their Outbox before you have read it.
Unlike Outlook Express etc. when using the private message option here, the sender can change their mind
about sending a PM if it is still in their Outbox.
It only moves to the Sentbox once it has been read.
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

Also from this end of the Forum we cannot access anyone's PM's so I do believe that Rosebud has written the answer to the problem. I cannot think of any other thing that may have happened. Sometimes I get emails from members worrying that another member did not get their PM and it is as Rosebud says, the other member deleted it thinking it hadn't sent.
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge
rosebud314

Post by rosebud314 »

Thanks for giving me the credit, Carol, but it was Aussie that answered. 8)
mumra
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by mumra »

wow I had no idea that this happened to others. Same thing just happened to me. Maybe this warrants a topic on embroidery. Maybe a special message from the moderators because believe me I did not know that if I deleted my outbox message it means the message is never sent.
What is the purpose of the saved messages box?
"By the ocean is where I want to be"

especially in
Nova Scotia, Canada
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

That is right if you delete the message in the outbox the receiver will never see it. Once they do see it there are actually two copies of the message. One you see in your Sent box and one the receiver sees in there inbox. They both can be individually deleted without effecting the other at that point. You can save your copy into your saved box from your inbox if you want as well.

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

You can also save any message sent to you in the saved area.
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge