Need help with attachments

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
TakeItPersonal
Sews-A-Lot
Sews-A-Lot

Need help with attachments

Post by TakeItPersonal »

I posted here earlier this week, and for some reason it was moved.....but it only makes sense to be here. I need help with posting attachements to my posts. I used to see an option to post an attachement, but now it's gone. Can someone tell me WHY?

Thanks.
Gwen
Gwen in SC
Go Tigers!
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

There is information here viewtopic.php?t=16024

If you are not seeing the option for attachments check to see that you are in a section that allows that to occur. There are only three sections for this "Show off your projects!", "Free Embroidery Designs!" and "iscellaneous Pictures" Attachments are not allowed in any other section and those buttons should not be available. You also must be signed on to post anywhere outside of the "Forum Support"

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
TakeItPersonal
Sews-A-Lot
Sews-A-Lot

Post by TakeItPersonal »

That explains it! I was not in a correct section. I appreciate your help.

Thanks Jim!

Gwen
Gwen in SC
Go Tigers!
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

No problem. I am glad to help where I can :D

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
PAAngel

Post by PAAngel »

Hi Gwen

I looked at your other posts and I think the one was moved to general chat area as it was asking about attachements to e-mails.

Is this the one

viewtopic.php?p=566739&highlight=#566739
littlelulu
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by littlelulu »

when posts are moved on other forums I frequent they always leave a ghost so you can click on it and it takes you to where the post was moved and it says in the thread title - moved. It would be really nice if that was done here - would keep alot of feelings from being hurt, I do think, along with thinking your thread was deleted until you were to run across it again somewhere else. Just my opinion.
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

littlelulu wrote:when posts are moved on other forums I frequent they always leave a ghost so you can click on it and it takes you to where the post was moved and it says in the thread title - moved. It would be really nice if that was done here - would keep alot of feelings from being hurt, I do think, along with thinking your thread was deleted until you were to run across it again somewhere else. Just my opinion.
In most cases they are shadowed and in this exact case it was shadowed as you mentioned. Also, in all cases every member can click there ID link and go to the short profile page and click the "Find all posts by" link and find everything they ever posted no mater where it would be moved. They could also click the "View your posts" link on the main page to find their posts as well.

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
PAAngel

Post by PAAngel »

When I move a thread I have always left a shadow of the post so that the member is able to find it. I agree that it is a good practice to follow.

In this particular case a shawdow was left on the post and that is how I was able to find it. :lol:
littlelulu
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by littlelulu »

thanks for the answer PAAngel. Glad to hear it is being done now. :D