Dont OPen "4 buttonholes for making patches in "sh

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
Sandra Kay
Sews-A-Lot
Sews-A-Lot

Dont OPen "4 buttonholes for making patches in "sh

Post by Sandra Kay »

I sent under search for Appliques and clicke don this one on page 3 and it brought up 51 internet explorers popping all over the page, I am not sure what s wrong???
4collies
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by 4collies »

You might want to run a virus or spyware checker on your PC :sad:, I've just opened the project with no problems :)
smoon26
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: Kansas City Metro Babylock Ellageo, imagine wave, Decorators Choice, 6 needle, janome 1600, viking

Post by smoon26 »

Every once in ahile this happens to me on sewforum. never any other site. About once or twice a month, I will click on something here, and it will start opening explorers all over the place. Seems like it will open 3 for every one I close. I finally have to pull up my task manager and close everything.

I (and my computer husband) think that it is a sewforum glitch, as it never happens on any other site.
rosebud314

Post by rosebud314 »

I've never had it happen to me. I will report it to the admins.
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

If it happens to anyone else please let me know.
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge
jomama899
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by jomama899 »

I had this happen to me today. Scared the P**P outta me. It is now running ok but have had to run virus scans. Haven't come up with anything yet. Is there a virus somewhere here? I will report in the morning if all came out fine. If you find anything out please let me know.
SewBeaIt
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by SewBeaIt »

As far as we know, there are no virus' here. I hope everything is fine with your computer.
As Always,
Merol Lee
jomama899
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by jomama899 »

everything is not alright with my computer. I have run 2 virus scan and nothing comes up. But it is doing all kinds of strange things. I am almost certain that I have a virus. I am on my sons computer this morning. I can not use mine. I was downloading items yesterday and had gone in to unzip some files that I got and it started acting all wonky. Opening up 50 or so browsers at a time, curser blinking and it finally locked up completely. I would appreciate it if you checked into this and let me know what you find. I will be having my computer worked on today.

THank you
zipper
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by zipper »

Wow I thought it was just me. It happened to me the other night. My virus scan is up to date. Wierd :?
Zipper
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

We get this stuff on our computer sometimes. In fact had to save everything and reinstall all of the computer software to get rid of it. My son plays on a lot of gaming sites. Also when he was younger the cartoon sites seem to play a role. I think that SF has no viruses however members can send them to other members. That is one reason we delete all links to the multi ad sites. Unfortunately this can happen with anything we open on our emails on the internet. I just consulted with my husband the UCF IT engineer-he says it sounds like virus that you have somehow downloaded when you opened something be it a link here or in your own email.He also says if you visit a site it can have cookies that carry a Trojan horse and it is transferred to your computer. So the conclusion is it is not a glitch of this program.
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge
SewBeaIt
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by SewBeaIt »

Thanks for the information, Cajun. I find it helpful.
As Always,
Merol Lee
lndsiesal
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by lndsiesal »

That's happened to me, too! More explorer windows open than I can close fast enough. How many of you that have this issue here on the forum are running Vista? Just curious.
jomama899
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by jomama899 »

I have XP
jomama899
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by jomama899 »

Thanks Cajunquilter, I had my son come over last night and he got it running. Knda still sketchy but it is working. WE never found anything but a bunch of cookies. Three scans, two different ones, and two spybot. NO viruses at all. Still kinda nervous, I thought I had lost my amazing box alltogether, which is only 3 mnths old. But I am up and running, and that is what counts :)
aussiecarolyn
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: Peninsular -Victoria - Australia Janome 9000 & 300E

Post by aussiecarolyn »

Trying to find some information on this problem found this .....
Re Internet Explorer
If you click at the top of the page on Tools> Internet Options>Programs
At the bottom of the page see if you have the box ticked/checked next to
Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser.

On the microsoft page it mentions this problem ....
This issue ( multiple windows ) may occur after you install WeatherBug by AWS
I do not have nor know what this Weatherbug program is.

Another microsoft page maybe of interest if you are using IE7 and have upgraded to Vista.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/931954

Others have said they are having problems with IE7 - I am staying with IE6 myself :wink:
qmhhmk
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

Post by qmhhmk »

When this happened to me quite a while ago, all I needed to do was unplug my mouse and plug it in again and things went back to normal - go figure.