can't download freebies

If you need assistance of any kind please email april.boudreau@allbrands.com. I generally respond within 24-48 hours but will ALWAYS respond. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE YOUR EMAIL PROBABLY CAME BACK TO ME AS UNDELIVERABLE. SPAM FILTERS SET ON HIGH OFTEN REJECT EMAILS FROM FORUM PROGRAMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SET YOUR SETTINGS LOWER TO RECEIVE MY RESPONSES.
maxy max
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher

can't download freebies

Post by maxy max »

Last night I got on my laptop, McAfee QuickClean popped up, ask to clean files, I clicked ok. It does this about every 5 or so days. OK. Then when I signed back on my laptop later in the day, a box popped up saying
"CTF Loader" is not there. I didn't know what that meant. Didn't have anything different going on, UNTIL I opened up SF and went to Free Designs. The text is there but no pictures or downloads. Pictures are there in "Show Off's" but not in FD. I don't know how to fix this. Do any of you. I am TOTALLY computer stupid. Thank you so much.
Janome Memory Craft 300E
Janome Memory Craft 350E

Post by Guest »

Static Jolt may have an answer, in the meantime you could try logging out and logging back in that is all I can think to suggest.

help, please

Post by Guest »

I did that. Thanks though.
aussiecarolyn
Master Stitcher
Master Stitcher
Location: Peninsular -Victoria - Australia Janome 9000 & 300E

Post by aussiecarolyn »

Sorry Maxymax, I wasn't signed in myself when I suggested the above :oops:
StaticJolt

Post by StaticJolt »

ctfmon.exe is a file that gets hijacked a lot by viruses. It is a normal file built into XP. McAfee should get it if there is a virus. If it is not a virus the ctfmon file may be having direct issues with your system.

Try running the Virus scan first. If nothing shows there do the following;

1. Shut your computer down and then start it back up.
2. go to the "START" > "RUN"
3. Type in "msconfig" and press <ENTER> MSCONFIG will start up and you will see tabs at the top of that screen.
4. Click on the "startup" tab.
5. Go down the list and find "ctfmon" on the list. make sure it is checked.
6. click "OK" The system should prompt you to restart.
When it restarts it should be fine.

If it was already checked you will have to cycle through this procedure to shake the problem loose meaning:
The first time through step 5 uncheck it, Click OK and Restart and then get to step 5 and Check it and click OK and then restart it.

In His Service
Jim Snoke <><
CajunQuilter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CajunQuilter »

StaticJolt, Don't ever try to leave here!! What would we do without you?
Carol
Administrator, SewForum
Twitter@allbrands1976
Facebook AllBrandsBatonRouge