4D Embroidery install issues

Welcome to the SewForum! Your place to share information and advice about embroidery, sewing, serging, knitting and quilting. There is even a spot for those interested in industrial sewing topics. Just register to get started and enjoy! Please read the forum rules inside this section. Every member is expected follow the rules and respect the administration and moderators.
PERSONAL SALES ADS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
WANT ADS FOR EMPLOYEES OR TEST STITCHERS ARE FORBIDDEN.
LisaB23

4D Embroidery install issues

Post by LisaB23 »

I have a HV Designer 1 and also purchased 4D Embroidery software with the machine. I cannot get the software to recognize the dongle as the software was written for Windows 7 OS and i am running Windows 11. I tried to run it in compatibility mode but it did not work. HV sent me an update file for the dongle but it does not work and they say there is nothing more they can do for me. They said I needed a Windows 7 os so I purchased an older laptop with the intention of loading windows 7 on it so that I could get the software to run but I am unable to find a windows 7 os to download. Microsoft no longer has the download on their site as they no longer support it. HELP!