Moved Topics?

Welcome to the SewForum! Your place to share information and advice about embroidery, sewing, serging, knitting and quilting. There is even a spot for those interested in industrial sewing topics. Just register to get started and enjoy! Please read the forum rules inside this section. Every member is expected follow the rules and respect the administration and moderators.
PERSONAL SALES ADS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
WANT ADS FOR EMPLOYEES OR TEST STITCHERS ARE FORBIDDEN.
joobee

Moved Topics?

Post by joobee »

I see the little file folder denoting a "Moved Topic" Where are they moved to?
rose48458
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Moved Topics?

Post by rose48458 »

Joobee,Topics may be moved for different reasons .Sometimes they are moved to a different area because they were posted in the wrong area.Example is : Someone asks for a design to be digitized for free in the free design section .We will then move it to request for a free design section. Sometimes posts will be moved because it actually is spam. Sometimes they are deleted other times moved to the moderators area. Also ,occasionally we will see "arguing" where some members are not so nicely disagreeing .Those also will be moved to moderators section .That rarely happens .We have a very nice bunch of folks on Sewforum .So many are willing to help others. i see so many positive comments written to each other when a project is posted. Encouragement is given to newbies by our members. do not know about any of you.but i have become friends outside of sewforum with several ladies I met here. This past winter i had the privilege to meet one in person. So nice after 2 yrs of visiting on FB . But....Sewforum gets the credit for our friendship. A little more info than you asked for , joobee.Sometimes i do have a problem of rattling on. Rosemary
joobee

Post by joobee »

Thanks Rosemary. I wondered because there were some posts I was interested in and although they were "moved" I couldn't find them. Could be that they we deleted.
I am just getting into machine embroidery and looking forward to learning from the nice peeps here!
I am also a member of a cross stitch board and have been to several "retreats" where I have made wonderful new friends that share my interest in cross stitch.
Do machine embroiders ever have "retreats"?
Rattle away Rosemary, I know I always do!
rose48458
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by rose48458 »

Joobee ,i know there are different ones out there. the problem is they are not in every state. Anita Goodesign goes to different places where they sell embroidery machines. they spend time of course to present their products but ...the one i went to also were showing how to do the different types of designs.they had applique,free standing lace.and trapunto to name a few. it costs to go but you get a lot of free designs from them and chances to win more.Lunch is included.the yr we went our group won a free design pack for each of us. I am signed up to go again. Maybe there are others in your area. you might want to call stores in your area that sell machines.they may know of others.Ours was 2 days from 9-3 or 4 do not remember.WE have a ton of info here on sewforum plus many members so willing to share their knowledge with everyone. We have several ladies who are top notch when it comes to giving links to what you are looking for.i wish i was as organized if you do not get answer nothing wrong with repeating the question as sometimes the one who knows was not on at the time you posted.I did cross stitched before i bought my first embroidery machine. gave it up after getting my first machine. Happy stitching to you...oh did anyone tell you if you go to bunny cup designs, she has many nice sets that she calls retired and they all are free? I have stitched some out and they are very nice. Maybe one of our ladies Or gents can add to this and post more retreats for you. Rosemary